Sunday 24 January 2016

Be You

The Colour Me Positive prompt for week 4 of 2016 was: " Believe in yourself and magic will happen". The challenge was to: use a photo of yourself or a self-portrait. I am making my contributions for CMP in the large (A4) Dylusions journal.

There are so many layers of paint on this page that I have more or less lost the knowledge of how I got to the end result. The most significant item I applied was a diamond rubber stamp (by Tim Holtz) to stay with the magic theme. In my "magic" box of cuttings I then came up with the figure who comes from a painting by Paul Cezanne called Pierrot and Harlequin (1888), now in the Puskin Museum in Moskow.

He looked like he should have balloons in his hand so I added them in the form of punched circles featuring a self-portrait, as well as details of my art, quilts and photographs. The words Believe in Yourself were cut from magazines and the Be You letters were circled to make them stand out.

I finished by adding some sparkling Martha Stewart paint in silver as well as  a Picasso stamp, because it balanced beautifully with the figure, in colour and stance.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Quite chagall like, love this one!

Kellie 0:) said...

Love it, great job

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails