Saturday 6 February 2016

Cure a Broken Heart

Colour Me Positive week 6's theme is Kindness while the art challenge is to use a stamp. My spread has taken on quite a Valentine atmosphere as the kindness quotation I came up with originated in the lyrics of Ryan Adams: "Kindness don't ask for much but an open mind. Kindness can cure a broken heart. Do you believe in love?". You can listen to it here.

The lyrics inspired the colours I used too and the use of a heart stencil (from Heidi Swapp) to make the background. I knew that I had a broken heart image in my box of cuttings and this was an ideal opportunity to use it. I don't go and collect imagery for every separate spread, rather I gather them each and every day from whatever publications come my way, simply because they catch my eye. That way I have a whole collection at the ready whenever I need to find an image.

As for the art challenge I used a variety of rubber stamps on the background too, including one about Love. Sadly I can't tell you anything about it as I've had it for years and there is no manufacturer's name on it.

The figure was chosen because she looked like she may have a broken heart which impelled her to enter a convent (yes, I love to make up such stories!) and she also toned in well with the rest of the page. The word KINDNESS came from the Stencilgirl April 2015 Club while the rest of the text was rubber stamped. I did some outlining with black and white markers as well as a yellow one.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

a wonderful journal spread-and i really love the heart shaped couple on the right side!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails