Saturday 26 March 2016

Focus on Vision

The theme for Colour Me Positive is announced on Friday in Australia and that means Thursday pm here in Scotland. This week I got my skates on and started work on the journal spread (in my A4 Dylusions journal) immediately. Our prompt is: Seeing life with new eyes, and the art challenge was to use eyes in your art work.


As some of you already know I love using eyes so needed no encouragement to add them and I also had a large selection of eyes to hand (from magazines and the like).


The background of the pages was done using all the stencils from the March 2016 Stencilgirl Club, which include circles. Once I had added some circles they made me think of flowers so I found some flower photographs to add to the centre of 3 of the circles. Stems were then stencilled on to make it all look even more flower like.


The butterfly was already in my stash of images, on a background of vintage music. I cut it out and added it to the page and coloured it in some more. I had a hard time choosing just one quotation for this spread so I went to town with several, written along the flower stems. Here they are:

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes". (Marcel Proust)

"Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others" (Jonathan Swift)

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see". (Henri David Thoreau).

I also added the word FOCUS which is my word for 2016. I found I had two stamps that were very appropriate to the pages and stamped them on. They are the word VISION and the Paul Gaugin quotation: "I shut my eyes in order to see". I dripped acrylic inks in matching colours down the pages too, making sure to catch the eye.


The spread seemed to want some sparkle (with that eye theme) and I added gold mica spray through one of the previously used stencils as well as some textural stamping using a gold ink pad and a rubber stamp called Cracks designed by France Papillon for Stampotique. As always it is hard to see the glitter on the pictures but it looks great on the spread. Finally I couldn't resist a suitably coloured postage stamp.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails