Monday 11 April 2016

A Bird in the Sky

This spread in my A4 Dylusions art journal is for week 15 of Colour Me Positive when our prompt was: Happy, and the art challenge to use drips or splatters. I haven't done week 14 yet because I was still in New York when it was posted but I hope to get around to it sometime this week.

I started with a stencilled and painted background using the Line Waves stencil from Stencilgirl which I find particularly suited for skies.  I also collaged on some vintage musical text.

At the bottom I used rubber stamps (from Arttothe5th)  for both the leaves and the circular (flower to me) images. I then added the collaged images of the bird as well as the branch  with blossom (from an old edition of Flow Magazine). It reminded me of all the blossom we saw in New York.  The text: Happy as a Bird in the Sky , was stamped on and Escape glued onto the page.

Outlining was done with black and white markers. And then the required splatters were added in the shape of green Liquitex acrylic ink.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Grand mix of colors, design.....AGAIN

Linda Kunsman said...

a delightful scene-well, except for that very intimidating bird!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails