Saturday 23 April 2016

British Quilt and Stitch Village Show

The British Quilt and Stitch Village Show is on in Uttoxeter this weekend and two of my quilts are there. Today I heard that the Ramsay Monument quilt had won the First Prize in the Modern Quilt section, a section I also won last year. I will write more about this quilt when it comes home again but here is a first glimpse of it as seen above. Most unusually for me I used just one fabric collection for this piece (sized 49 x 71"), simply because I fell in love with it and ordered it direct from Australia via an Etsy shop. The collection is called The Linen Cupboard and is produced by Ella Blue. I used every fabric in the collection. The quilt uses my own designed block which was inspired by the Allan Ramsay monument in the nearby Penicuik Estate
The second quilt I entered is called All that Glitters and it can be seen above. It's sized 38 x 53" and has already been viewed here before when it won First for Fabric Painting at the National Quilt Championships in Sandown last year. It uses fabrics I painted myself on the gelli plate.  This time it achieved 3rd Prize in the Innovative Quilt section of the show. You can read more about this quilt on a previous blog post. 

During the show (on till tomorrow) you also have a chance to see the quilt Gelli Glory that won me the trip to New York as it is being exhibited at the show too.  Shame Uttoxeter is just that bit too far away from here for a day trip, as I would have loved to visit. Hopefully there will be some pictures online as well as in magazines in the future.
Of course I couldn't use the quilt pictures for my blip as they weren't taken today so here is a picture of the cowslips in our garden to brighten the day even more.

4 comments:

creativelenna said...

Oh Frieda!! What amazing quilt art. Congratulations many times over. You are truly an amazing artist! ♡♡♡

Clairan Ferrono said...

Fabulous for you Frieda!

peggy gatto said...

Glorious!!! Congratulations and well deserved. I can't begin to comprehend the TIME involved in making a quilt. Awesome!

Linda Kunsman said...

Huge congratulations to you Frieda- and so well deserved as your quilt work is stunning!! Hope you celebrated with some bubbly-cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails