Monday 16 May 2016

Mystery creates Wonder

The prompt for week 20 on Colour Me Positive is: Wonder, and the art challenge to use bubbles. My spread, done in the A4 Dylusions art journal, was inspired by two gifts I received last week. In fact one was the wrapping paper my gorgeous gift was packed in which featured many colourful butterflies. The other was a package of paper napkins, featuring Ot and Sien . If you are not familiar with these characters you didn't grow up in The Netherlands! You can read more about them (in English) here.

Who could not wonder at the beauty of butterflies? They were the basis for the colour scheme of these pages. The background was made using a stencil of large sequin waste that I thought I had lost but hurray, it turned up again when I was clearing up my studio so that in itself was enough reason to put it to good use. It's much larger than the usual sequin waste and I have never seen the resulting sequins anywhere sadly.

To this background I added flowers and leaves from a paper napkin. I stamped on the background with a Tim Holtz French text stamp as well as with the required bubbles (from the Thin Lines Cube by JudiKins)

I cut out the individual butterflies and adhered them to the pages with matte medium and I did the same for the Ot en Sien image from the paper napkin. I found a quotation about WONDER that reads as follows: "Mystery creates Wonder and Wonder is the basis of man's desire to Understand". It's by Neil Armstrong who certainly had occasion to wonder in his life. It was stamped on as shown. Of course I couldn't resist adding a postage stamp.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails