Wednesday 11 May 2016

New Eyes

The May theme on The Documented Life Project 2016 is: A Look through my Eyes - gaining new perspectives. The art challenge for this week is: add your name in a creative way.

I love using eyes in my art so I'm looking forward to making this month's spreads. I'm working in the 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal for all my Documented Life work this year.

The background was made using red, orange and turquoise paints with the large stencil from the December 2014 Stencilgirl Club. Stamping was the next step, using the It's all perspective text from the Vintage Artist stamp set by Creative Expressions, the All Seeing Eye - Ornamentum stamp from Uptown Design Company and one side of the Thin Lines Cube by JudiKins.

The two masks were stencilled on (from Behind The Mask stencil by Stencilgirl) and I added the actual eyes cut from a fashion magazine.

My name was added (twice) using letters from the Uplifting Words stencil, also by Stencilgirl. Outlining was done with black markers. The quotation I used was written on white paper and glued on as shown. It reads: "Discovery consiss not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes" by Marcel Proust.

Finally I added the blue squares using the April 2016 large stencil from the Stencilgirl Club.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails