Wednesday 20 July 2016

Being An Individual


This is my day this month to be a Stencilgirl Guest Designer and that means that there is a full tutorial for these pages on the Stencilgirl Talk site today. You can find it here. As I mentioned a few days ago this is also the first spread I did in the 8 x 8" Dylusions journal with black pages. I have had the journal for quite some time as I seem to have made a point of honour to possess every art journal on the market! But I hadn't used it yet and now that I have started to work in it I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying that black background.
The other thing I experimented with was using Radiant Gels through the stencil in both copper and gold and I love the additional sparkle this gives the pages. To add even more I also used a sparkly blue gel pen to fill in the circles of the flowers and mandalas. A paper napkin with flowers was also part of the mix on this spread.
And of course as you can see it features a large and several small mandalas. This one comes from a very early Stencilgirl stencil S041 Mandala #1. I'm definitely going to work more in this black paged journal.
Thanks again to Stencilgirl for having me as their Guest Designer, it's always both a joy and an honour!

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

just gorgeous pages Frieda!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails