Sunday 3 July 2016

NY

I'm still lagging behind showing you the spreads in my Wanderlust 2016 art journal. These pages were made for our second prompt in June that was: What is different today than a year ago that you are grateful for. I went with the first thing that came to mind: our trip to New York back in April! I'm working in the small Vintage Vanity art journal designed by Finnabair for Prima.
There is some collage in the background mainly done with some of the New York themed washi tapes I have acquired before and since the visit. Then I set to work with the wonderful stamp/stencil set: Urban Scribble Foam Stamp, Cling Rubber and stencil set designed by Nathalie Kalbach. This is such a good buy and I specially love the enclosed stencil which features tiny squares. So versatile and especially useful on these pages.
The other New York themed images come from a stencil from The Crafters Workshop TCW342 Mini Urban Landscape which to my intense delight features the Chrysler Building among others.
I wanted the spread to look like urban graffiti and I think it's worked. As a focal point the photograph I took during our visit , of Macy's while their flower festival was on, was used, printed in a 2 x 2" size by the Social Print Studio. 
Love how the pages turned out and they are a great reminder of that fantastic visit.

By the way you can still sign up for the series of Wanderlust classes till the end of July, if you are interested.

1 comment:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your journal spread is fabulous, Frieda! I love the urban graffiti style.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails