Monday 10 October 2016

Simplicity Unsimplified

The theme this week on Colour Me Positive was all about simplicity, but somehow the pages got away from me in the process of working on them and I completely forgot we were meant to keep it simple! Then I complicated it further by using the quotation I found by Leonardo da Vinci in Italian. The English version reads: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication".
On the plus side working on this spread in my A4 Dylusions art journal was a good distraction and it gave me a chance to play with my new Stencilgirl Club stencils as well as with some 3 dimensional paints and media. I hope you get a glimpse of this on the pictures.
 Techniques used: collage (with vintage elements from a French dictionary as well as a vintage Robinson Crusoe book, and an Italian postage stamp), rubber stamping, and stencilling.
Materials: acrylic paints in inks, a rubber stamp alphabet set and a small rubber stamp cut from a large unmounted sheet of unknown provenance, as well as the large stencil from the September Stencilgirl Club Boho Collection.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

color mosaic, is gorgeous, love the subtle images that lie waiting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails