Tuesday 18 October 2016

Wonderful Life

Here is my latest project done as a Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products. That means there is a step by step tutorial for these pages (done in the A4 sized Dylusions art journal) on the Stencilgirl Talk website as well as links to all the stencils I used.

Of course I do know that for many people life is not wonderful and most of us have days when things are not quite as rosy as we would like, not to mention the horrific events going on in the world at large. But underneath it all I think we are all aware that to be alive is a glorious thing.

My art is what saves me in difficult times. I may not always be in the mood but when I go to my studio, gesso some pages and grab my favourite colours and play, I start to feel calmer and more peaceful, more like myself and joy returns to my heart.

 And I find that yes: it is a wonderful life. 
Many thanks for Stencilgirl for inviting me as Guest Designer, not just for this spread but also for the rest of this and the whole of next year. It's such a pleasure to play with their fabulous stencils.
Don't forget to join their club. Every month I think they can't possibly get any better than the previous month and yet every month they come up with another gorgeous set. They are unique to club members! I know it's a bit early for the C word but I gave myself my club membership for Christmas some years ago and it looks like it is becoming a life long gift!
.

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

So wonderful Frieda! I really enjoyed this art and your words ❤

Muriel said...

Frieda, I got quite teary reading this wonderful post. The imagery is glorious and your words went straight to my heart, thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails