Sunday 20 November 2016

Changing Seasons

This is the start of a very busy but exciting week (more will be revealed soon) so I'm taking this opportunity to upload my latest contribution for The Documented Life Project 2016. I'm combining several November weeks into one spread (in the 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal) with the theme: Changing Seasons - redefining priorities. It's so suitable as redefining priorities is exactly what I'm doing at the moment, and going to do more off. One of the things that will change is The Documented Life Project itself. There will be no project next year and as I had already decided not to participate in any case I'm pleased that I have been part of the 3 years this amazing project has been going on. I learned a lot and it gave me a huge incentive to make an art journal spread at least once a week.
For the moment though, let's return to this spread which is very autumnal in nature. I found just the right image and in the right colour to add to the pages and she is running towards a new season, not just in nature but in life.
 Techniques used: collage, stencilling, rubber stamping, outlining with markers.
Materials used: collage ( using a figure from a Dutch magazine, the leaves from the Flow calendar this year, postage stamps and washi tape), rubber stamping (using a leaf stamp that was a free gift from a magazine years ago and stamps from a stamp sheet designed by Art5Academy, the organizers of The Documented Life Project) and stencilling (using stencil L433 Clustered Leaves from Stencilgirl as well as Tam's Whimsy Series of stencils, designed by Tamara Laporte for Artist Cellar), white and black markers as well as a gold and green one.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails