Friday 18 November 2016

Live with Passion

This is my contribution for the Passion prompt last week on Colour Me Positive. The new prompt for this week has just been announced so I'm lagging behind a bit but there is a lot going on here so I'm pleased that I did get this one done at all! Next week will be even busier so I might give this week's prompt a miss for the moment. Passion is a subject I have used before in my art journals and I tried to do something a bit different but as soon as hearts enter the equation the pages tend to take on a Valentine look, even in November.
Techniques used: collage, rubber stamping, stencilling 
Materials: collage (Lucas Cranach nude with hat image, magazine picture of gladioli, and heart, as well as a postage stamp), rubber stamping (using stamps from Everything Art stamp set EEA04 and the Whimsy series of stencils designed by Tamara Laporte for Artist Cellar) and the following stencils: The Crafters Workshop TCW467 Live Love Laugh as well as a stencil with hearts (no idea where that came from and too covered in paint to see a brand name or number!)
I added various quotations about passion by writing them on to the pages. They are: "Do it with passion or not at all", "Without passion life is nothing" and "Our passion is our strength".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This spread brings a lot of perfect Valentine warmth to a cold November day!

Muriel said...

This spread brings a lot of perfect Valentine warmth to a cold November day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails