Friday 4 November 2016

The F Spread

 Due to all the upheavals with moving my studio indoors and also the great weather that invited walking I am combining two weeks for The Documented Life Project 2016. Both are for the October theme of: A Fresh Start - clear your palette. The two art challenges were: Repeat a Pattern, and Incorporate the first letter of your first name. In my case that was the F, and here it is in all it's glory. I cut out many words starting with F that I liked and collaged them onto the pages.
The big F itself went through many incarnations (about 6 I think), none of which I was particularly happy with. In the end I settled for this version which incorporates vintage text from an old encyclopaedia and used one of the lettter F pages.
The repeat pattern came from a Stencilgirl club stencil (see info down below). You can see the repeats quite well above.
 Techniques used: collage, stencilling and rubber stamping.
Materials used: vintage text, words from magazines, rubber stamps (a stamp from the Rust & Dust cling stamps desined by Finnabair for Prima, as well as the Gears clear stamp by JoyCrafts), large stencil from the October 2016 Stencilgirl Club.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Fresh colors,love the letters, layout!!! Happy Fall!!!

Linda Kunsman said...

and another F - for Fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails