Saturday 3 December 2016

Something Creative


The Colour Me Positive challenge has been taken over by someone else as LuLu Art was sold to a new owner. This was one of the things I intended to stop doing in 2017 to make room for other activities and my heart sort of sank when our challenge this week was revealed as: New Beginnings. As you may remember we had the same prompt on The Documented Life Project not too long ago. However I had recently filled a 5 x 8" (13 x 21 cm) Moleskine Sketchbook Notebook using it as a repository of left over paints and sprays, stamps and stencils, simply because it seemed too wasteful not to. Now that all the pages have backgrounds I decided to go one step further and make a spread on those pages. This is the first one, somewhere in the middle of the sketchbook.
I can't tell you exactly what I did on the backgrounds as I simply kept adding things as and when the opportunity arose, and I have long forgotten the details.
 I do know that the little flowers came from a stencil designed by Tamara Laporte for Artist Cellar.
I also managed to find a quotation I hadn't used before, referring to new beginnings. It reads: "My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life". (Miles Davis)

I haven't decided yet whether or not to finish Colour Me Positive this year. I guess it depends on the prompts in the remaining weeks till the end of this year.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

delightful colors and images, as usual!!

Linda Kunsman said...

such a bright and beautiful flower garden!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails