Wednesday 4 January 2017

State of Mind

I had thought The Documented Life Project 2016 was finished but it turned out December had 5 weeks so there was one more spread to go. The December theme remained: Life Lessons - a year long reflection, and the final art challenge was to use gold. I have done all my spreads for DLP16 in the 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal and this one was no exception.
 I discovered another quotation about reflection that I wanted to use. It's by Wayne W. Dyer and reads: "The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind". 
I used a lot of collage in the background. It includes images of a gate (from a magazine), big black lettering from a tissue sheet (by 7Gypsies) and pages from a vintage Technical Drawing book, as well as some washi tapes with lettering on it.
Rubber stamping was added with a numbers stamp by Tim Holtz, and a large window stamp by Carabelle Studio called A La Fenetre.
I added dots as well as the quotation with a white marker and then added the gold circles using a stencil by The Crafters' Workshop and gold Radiant Gel by Colourarte.

It's sad to say goodbye to The Documented Life Project after 3 years. It has been a huge encouragement towards art journalling regularly and if I look back and see how much my work has improved I am very grateful for this project and happy to have taken part in it every year. New opportunities will be just over the horizon, I'm sure, and the habit of art journalling has now been ingrained into my days.

3 comments:

betsy said...

Beautiful layers of color, images and text.

peggy gatto said...

Loving the colors in these!!

Linda Kunsman said...

Definitely another favorite of mine! Gorgeous colors and imagery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails