Thursday 2 February 2017

Here comes the Sun

If only the sun was coming! I could really do with it but instead it's a damp and grey day so I will have to content myself with these sunny pages. They were inspired by the latest prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures that read: "Here comes the Sun".  This spread is also heavy influenced again by MaryBeth Shaw's lesson on Creative Jumpstart 2017. I'm working in the notebook I mentioned in earlier posts and to which I now refer as the Peacock journal because it features sparkling peacocks on the cover. To make the pages sturdier I'm gluing them together as well as added a hefty dose of gesso before I begin to work on them.
I used collage with vintage papers, tissue wrap, paper napkins, scrapbook paper, a postage stamp, and vintage  textured wallpaper. Then Distress markers and paint were added with stencil S314 Entangling Threads from Stencilgirl Products, as well as S191 Open Buildings. The sun was cut from that textural wallpaper and I added some gold accents as well as sparkles (sadly you will not be able to see this on the pictures).
 I also used a mica spray in red such as on the left hand side of the picture above. 
 Some of the stencilled images were outlined in white. 

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Frieda, it is wonderful!!
I live in dreary grey Canada but the sun came out for 19 minutes! lol
It is a small world. I love Barb and Joggles and Mary Beth too!
You have brought me sun shine today. Thank you. Hugs across the ocean. Lynda Warder

Cath Sheard said...

Gorgeous work as always.

Anonymous said...

I just love this. I love the way you did all the layering with the different papers and stencils. And the paints you added really worked well. The sun is greaTR! You really did a good job with the conposition and the placement of the sun. The idea of gluing pages together and then adding gesso is a good one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails