Monday 27 February 2017

There are Moments

After our trip to New York last year, the friend that went with me gave me the NY Through the Lens book by Vivienne Gucwa. Not only does this book feature stunning photographs of the city in all seasons but the words are beautifully written too. 

It inspired me to make this spread in the 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal as my latest Stencilgirl Products project. 

When it was finished it didn’t look so much like New York but reminded me more of Venice (I suppose because of the colours!). I didn’t let that worry me. It means it captures moments from trips to both places. I used part of the quotation that is my favourite from the book. 

The entire quotation reads:

"There are moments that remain etched into time: moments that aren't easily forgotten no matter how much time passes in the yawning gap between memory and dreaming".

It's amazing to think that the trip was almost a year ago already. I'm quite ready for a return visit. 
You can find the full step-by-step tutorial for these pages on the Stencilgirl Talk website today, and remember it doesn't have to feature either New York or Venice but could be any city of your choice. Amsterdam would also make a great subject with all it's gabled houses and canals.


1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

Ha ha! New York or Venice-but two captivating places! Still- I much prefer Venice:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails