Tuesday 21 March 2017

A Few Isolated Snow Showers

When the weather forecast told us to expect some isolated snow showers overnight, I didn't think I would be greeted by more than 5" of snow when I opened the door this morning to let the dog out. In some places there was substantially more due to drifting. The birds were desperate for their food so I duly obliged.
It was still snowing heavily at that stage and the above picture was taken through the window. Technically it is rubbish but I love the effect and this is what it truly looked like.


Would Flora want to go for her walk? The answer was a resounding yes. It seems we have acquired a bouncy Romanian snow dog. In some places the snow was higher than her but she didn't let that deter her and she soon figured out that walking in our footsteps was the best way to go. However at time she bounced ahead, jumping up above the snow. I didn't manage to capture those moments because I was too nervous about the effect of all that snow and wind on the camera.
 Here she is though: one very small dog out in the big white world. 
 It's now some time later and the sun has come out, interspersed with more snow. Frost is forecast for tonight so it should be an interesting time tomorrow morning. Time to start shovelling some of that snow before the drive becomes a skating ring.
Flora and I however are already looking forward to our next snow walk!

3 comments:

Kate Fernyhough said...

Wonderful photos especially the one of the birds at the feeder.

Unknown said...

A perfect winter wonderland! Love the feeder and little dog forging thru the snow!

Linda Kunsman said...

that looks pretty much like the winter wonderland we experienced last week. Pretty at first, but I still am not a fan...bring on summer I say!
Sweet Flora. I actually had a dream last night that I got to meet and be with her-but it was here in my area and for some reason you weren't with her. I took very good care of her :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails