Friday 10 March 2017

A Place called Elsewhere

 This week's prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures is: travel. My first impulse on reading it was to go to New York or Venice but there are so many other places I have been lucky enough to visit so this spread is focussing on Paris, mainly because I had a lovely paper napkin featuring the Eiffel Tower and was looking for an opportunity to use it. Of course you don even have to visit anywhere in person, you can go there any time you fancy in your mind and the quotation I used refers to it. It reads: "Forgive me for not being all there. My mind has found a place called elsewhere".
I'm working in a small (5.5 x 8") lined notebook/journal with peacocks on the cover and in order to make the pages a bit sturdier I'm glueing them together in pairs as well as applying a liberal helping of gesso before I start. The background uses the S374 Stone and Mortar Version 1 stencil by Stencilgirl Products. I also added words from S261 Fridge Poetry stencil.  I then collaged with Tim Holtz's tissue wrap Postale, as well as vintage map images and the paper napkin mentioned above. .
I added a tulip themed person from a collage sheet by Alpha Stamps and also added some travel related sayings from a rub-on sheet, also by Tim Holtz. The 2 postage stamps with ships on them seemed to suit the travel theme.
Sadly you can't see the sparkle these pages have on the pictures but I recently indulged in some wonderful new paint by  Art Alchemy (Prima) called Acrylic Paint Sparks and oh, how it glitters and shines! I used the colour Fairy Wings on these pages which is a lime green colour.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails