Saturday 1 April 2017

Nurtured by Art

Part of Wanderlust 2017 is the Wanderlust Book. We receive regular prompts for that and the latest one said: I am nurtured by...................... We were to fill in the rest of the sentence. I added: art, books and dog walking. I am using a Finnabair Mixed Media Journal ( 7 x 9") which as you can see is ring bound. This spread was done on a set of the white pages (it also has craft pages).
The background was done with collage using Tim Holtz's tissue wrap, magazine images, and deli paper that had been stencilling on a gelli plate using L457 Santiago stencil designed by Nathalie Kalbach for Stencilgirl Products.   I also used Distress Crayons and paint and the medium stencil from the December 2014 Stencilgirl Club. Quite a bit gold paint was added to the background too although that is hard to see on the pictures.
I felt that the clown like images needed to be on this spread so they became the focal point. The text was part stamped, part written and part words cut from magazines.
The pages look quite nostalgic as a result of the colours I used so to brighten it up a bit fluorescent pink paint was added as well as white and blue paint splatters. The pages were edged with a blue stamp pad.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

super pages Frieda, and I love the touches of neon pink! I've always worked in spiral bound books so it's all I know and doesn't bother me at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails