Sunday 21 May 2017

Music

Our prompt this week on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: music. I'm working in the 6 x 8" notebook that I'm using as an art journal for the Joggles prompts by glueing down the pages in pairs as well as adding a good dollop of gesso to the pages before I make a start.
I began by collaging vintage sheet music, vintage flower images and scrapbook paper (found in the Somerset Studio magazine centre) to the pages and adding paint as well as Distress Crayons with a baby wipe and stencil S172 Runes by Stencilgirl Products. Then I glued on some more pieces of vintage music sheet as some of it had been obscured with the paint. To add a sense of movement to the pages I again used paint and Distress Crayons, this time with the large stencil from June 2015 Stencilgirl Club set called Crop Circles. It added a nice sense of rhythm  to the pages in keeping with the music theme.
I glued on the musical instrument (a harpsichord). It came from an old calendar issued by the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
 The words seen above came from a vintage book. It's the large verse of a poem called Ode to a Violinist.
The final touch as usual were the postage stamps chosen for their colours, and I also did some outlining with a water soluble turquoise oil pastel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails