Sunday 11 June 2017

A Perfect Moment

Just because the official project Artful Adventures, Stroll through the Hood has finished doesn't mean we have ceased to stroll through our neighbourhood. When you have a dog, daily strolls are always on the agenda. I do a short dog walk in the morning and then in the afternoon we go further afield for a longer walk. Today we were back in the Penicuik Estate, where I spied two swans in the Low Pond. To start with they were far apart and I was equally far away. We made our way along the edge of the pond to get a bit closer and at the same time the two swans were moving towards each other and finally I managed to capture this perfect moment!
The reflections around the pond's edge were lovely and the sun came out quite frequently to add to the effect.
rhododendron flowers

Being so close to the edge also meant I could get a close-up of a beautiful yellow iris flower.

We were very lucky as it started to rain when we drove home and since then there has been a real downpour. Still we had that perfect moment and can treasure it! I should have brought the big Canon camera but it's so much easier to use the phone. However that does mean I couldn't zoom in as much as I would have liked so I'm taking myself to task and will put more effort in being properly equipped!

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

there's nothing like the peaceful joy of being in moments like this-and being able to capture it on a camera.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails