Monday 24 July 2017

Flowers in her Hair

 It's time for my monthly contribution as Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products, and this month I'm working with the Stencilgirl May Club stencils as the main focal point. This face (designed by Pam Carriker) is a stunning stencil, with amazing detail. The wild hair made me think of the psychedelic sixties (of the last century) and I took that as my theme for the spread in an A4 Dylusions art journal.
You can find a full step-by-step tutorial for these pages on the Stencilgirl Talk site today, together with a list of the stencils I used. I also added Hero Arts Layered Flowers Clear stamp set (CL496) for the flowers. But don't get hung up on the specific stamps, just use any flower stamps you have, but make sure you use a variety of sizes to make it more interesting.
 As you can tell from the picture below there is quite a bit of dimension on these pages. I used Golden Glass Bead Gel, simply because it was the first thing I laid my hands on when I wanted to added a bit of depth, but you could use any thick paste or gel for this step. However using the Bead Gel means you get that additional sparkle!
Many thanks to Stencilgirl for having faith in me and my work!

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

these pages are brilliant Frieda-and oh my that face stencil is wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails