Friday 21 July 2017

The Colour of Sea, Sun and Sand

Our monthly prompt on Wanderlust 2017 was to finish the following sentence: This morning was in the colour of .................. Inspired by my longing for the sea and the warm days earlier this month I added the words: sea, sun and sand. I wish the sea was a bit closer, the sun was out more often and I would love to feel the sand between my toes. Perhaps just looking at this spread will help.

I'm working in a Finnabair Mixed Media Journal sized 7 x 9". As you can see it's ring bound.
The background was collaged with a variety of tissue wrap, and I then used bright sunny colours and stencil L570 Crazy Quilt Crosses and Rounds by Stencilgirl Products to make the background. I added more texture by rubber stamping with the Stitched Mixed Media Background stamp from Carabelle Studio.
The imagery, all coming from the Flow Vakantieboek (Flow Vacation Book), was summer themed too, showing the lounger and toes. The sun itself came from the smallest stencil from the July 2017 Stencilgirl Club and was done with gold paste.
The words were cobbled together from magazine. I finished by outlining all the imagery and words with a black Stabilo All pencil.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

oh this is wonderful Frieda-and it sure does make me think happy thoughts of the beach:)And I expect to heading there in a few short weeks. I know that stamp from Carabelle because it's on my wish list:):)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails