Monday 28 August 2017

High Flyer

Online challenges sometimes spark off new ideas which is why I like participating. Some time ago one of the prompts was to use colours you don't usually apply in your work. For me they tend to be the dark ones. However once I had made a spread for that particular challenge I realized that I loved the result so I thought I would share a spread done in such colours today, in my capacity as monthly Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products. As always it is such a pleasure to be asked and I loved putting this spread together.
Occasionally it is hard to think up new ideas and at other times such as for this spread I just start and see where it gets me. The start here were the colours and a piece of treasured wrapping paper which just seemed to good to use for wrapping. It featured those gorgeous birds as well as geometrical patterns.

Towards the end I simply opened a magazine to find some suitable text and the words High Flyer were there right on the first page I opened. What a treat.
You can find a full step-by-step tutorial including a list of all the stencils I used (quite a few!) on the Stencilgirl Talk website today. This is the only online place where I share such instructions so I invite you to take a look. You should do so anyway as this website is full of entirely free tutorials on how to use stencils in all kinds of wonderfully inventive ways.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails