Wednesday 23 August 2017

Tiny Subject

Our mission today for #30daysofcomposition was to find a tiny subject. Of course the first tiny subject that sprang to my mind was our beloved Flora. Can you believe that last Sunday it was 9 months since she arrived. Already she has become such an integral part of our lives that I can't imagine being without her.

The day started very wet but it soon cleared up and by the time of the afternoon walk the sun was coming out and it was very warm and close. The reflections in the Low Pond at Penicuik Estate were beautiful.
The Pond has become one of Flora's favourite spots although thus far I have been unable to persuade her to go in. I think she might come if I went in but I'm not that keen on such an manoeuvre!
 Here she is in all her glory, like a miniature queen on her throne!
But in the end we found an even tinier creature trying to cross the path. It was a beautifully marked caterpillar and to stop her being eaten by passing dogs we carefully picked her up and deposited her (somehow I think of it as a she) in the grass. She seemed quite grateful and scuttled away. Wonder what this one will turn in? A butterfly or a moth?

2 comments:

mycamerandme365 said...

Possibly a butterfly as many moth caterpillars are hairy!

Linda Kunsman said...

awe-what a fantastic picture of Flora-9 months-hard to believe...and a beautiful spot to capture her.
I liked your comment about the "she" caterpillar. I just recently had a discussion with a friend at how I label an animal, bird, insect, or whatever I see immediately as a he or she and don't know why:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails