Monday 4 September 2017

Illustrate the Light

This page in the 9 x 9" Bee Paper Company art journal was made some time ago but I had forgotten to share it here. In this journal I art journal just for me, without prompts or preconceived ideas. I simply start and see where it leads me. As a result some of the pages that result are deeply personal and I'm not going to share the back story to them. They are made for me, to keep in touch with how I'm feeling on any given day.
 I will share a bit about the techniques and materials use as far as I can still remember them. The page started with collage, using tissue wrap, vintage images and text, and some old scrapbook papers. To that mix I added rubber stamping using EEA02 rubber stamping set designed by Everything Art for PaperArtsy.
 The small circles were added using blue permanent spray ink and a small circular stencil from The Crafters Workshop.

The vintage text is put together cutting out separate sentences from an old vintage book that I use quite often for this purpose called Proverbial Philosophy by M. F. Tupper published back in the 19th Century. I cut out sentences that speak to me and then try and put them together into a meaningful whole. It's an intuitive process and it's in the words that I find the thoughts that preoccupy me at the time of making.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

wow this is really gorgeous Frieda!!! I am loving all the deep blue here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails