Sunday 10 September 2017

The Wing of Madness

Our prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was to: Wing It. As often happens I already had a quotation in my notebook that suited this perfectly. It reads: "I have felt the wind on the wing of madness" (Charles Baudelaire). And yes, those flutterings are familiar!
The page was started by making the background using a variety of paints with the S264 Doodle It Tornado Flowers stencil from Stencilgirl Products. At the time of making I didn't yet know that tornado Irma was going to hit Florida today.
Once I was happy which how the background looked I collaged on pieces of tissue wrap (by Tim Holtz) featuring butterflies and music sheets. I then stamped on the face image  and other textural elements from the LPCO11 stampset by PaperArtsy, designed by Lynne Perrella. I coloured in some of the butterflies with watercolour pencils and then added an extra butterfly from a wrapping paper. I felt that butterfly needed a person in the middle of it to echo the stamped face and I found her in an advert in Vogue. Would you believe she was already in sticker form so I just had to adhere her.
The words of the quotation were also found in magazines and glued on as shown. They were outlined with a Stablilo All black pencil.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails