Wednesday 6 September 2017

Why

 As part of Wanderlust 2017 there is a monthly prompt for our Wanderlust Book and the latest one told us to finish the following sentence: The question I sometimes ask myself is..... There are many ways to answer this but I choose to use the single word WHY. That seems to be what I'm asking myself not just sometimes but often. Occasionally an answer can be found but most of the why questions in this life remain unanswered. I can't help but to keep on looking but have gotten better at accepting that some things will remain a mystery.
These pages in a Finnabair Mixed Media Journal (7.1/4 x 9.1/2") started with collage using magazine cuttings, and to that I added stencilling using paints (including fluorescent ones)and Distress Crayons with the large stencil from the August 2013 Stencilgirl Club. 
 I also used the same stencil and sprayed throught it using gold mica spray paint. Then the circle (also from a magazine cutting) was glued on and I stamped on the letters WHY.
I hand wrote the prompt along the black lines I had added with  watersoluble black graphite using a white marker. Ink drops and outlining with white and black markers were the final touch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails