Friday 1 September 2017

Worrying

The prompt this week for Joggles Art Journal Adventures was to use collage. I usually start my pages with some collage anyway so this wasn't difficult. I used the wrapping paper from a parcel I received this week, as well as the postage stamp on that, combined with vintage text from an old seamanship book. I choose the colours of the paints I used based on the summer like colours of the wrapping paper.
To apply the paints I used a stencil designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer for The Crafters Workshop. It's no. TCW679s Mini Heart Swirls. I added some text stamping with a gold stamp pad, and then collaged on the focal image (which conveniently appeared in last weekend's Sunday newspaper). It's part of a painting by Modigliani and was in the paper due to an upcoming exhibition of his work at Tate Modern.
 The words were found long ago in a magazine and seemed to fit the spread in both spirit and colour.
 Below a detail of the Dutch postage stamp. I love it and the fish adds a bit of a surreal element.

1 comment:

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love how you can take seemingly disparate elements and combine them to make a delightful whole. Beautiful colours, wonderful sentiment, and use/placement of that image. Love it, Frieda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails