Tuesday 10 October 2017

Colonizing a tree trunk

When we started our dog walk in Penicuik Estate I casually remarked that I wouldn't mind seeing some more fungi, and lo and behold my wish was granted on a very big scale. We came across a fallen tree trunk that was literally covered in them. We pass this spot almost every day but maybe of my remark we were paying more attention than usual and noticed this. Photographing involved a bit of rough walking among stinging nettles but it was worth it (and I was wearing long leggings!). The amount of mushrooms left me speechless and I also reckon we hit them photographically speaking at just the best moment.



I also must just mention that my heart has swollen so much today that there is almost no room for it in my chest cavity due to extreme pride of Flora. She behaved so amazingly well with a visitor that she hadn't met before, and did hardly any barked guarding inside the house. In return it was a great biscuit day as far as she was concerned. Then for the first time ever she climbed the surrounds of the fountain in the estate and tried to drink the water.Clever girl. Finally we met a very lively and friendly sort of lurcher/pointer dog on the Penicuik House lawn (so much larger than her) and they started playing and running on the grass. Very proud dog mummy moment!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails