Tuesday 31 October 2017

Dawyck Acers

It was the very last day of our Membership for Dawyck Botanical Gardens. We are not renewing at the moment as sadly dogs aren't allowed there. I already spend about 1.1/2 to 2 hours dog walking every day and don't feel I need to add any more walks to my daily programme at the moment. This morning I mainly went there to do some shopping but couldn't resist a quick tour of the gardens where the acers are putting on a spectacular show.
We will undoubtedly be back, probably in the spring when the Rhododendron and Azalea walk is looking it's best but for the moment we will be walking in the Penicuik Estate where all doggies are more than welcome.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

It's tough when dogs are not allowed - my local nature center which has wonderful trails has a ban. I understand why - sadly some folks are just not good controlling and cleaning up after there pups - but it means I don't go as much so I totally understand! But lovely colours though.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a gorgeous tree! I'd do the same as you since I'd want my dog beside me too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails