Saturday 28 October 2017

Full Circle

The prompt this week on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: Outward from the Center. By one of those flukes that make life so interesting I had just finished the perfect spread for this prompt. Only problem was that it is not meant to be revealed till December. So I decided to see what else I could come up with. I started the spread in my A5 sized notebook/art journal by glueing vintage papers all over the background.
I continue to be busy destashing the house (mainly books at the moment) and have come across some interesting finds, the existence of which I had long forgotten about, both in books and in other possessions.

I found a stack of vintage postcards of Venice and managed to persuade myself that because I hadn't missed them in all the years, it would be okay to cut thme up. Two of them became the centers of my circles.The next round were rings from a vintage French dictionary. I made sure to incorporate some imagery on the pages I choose to use.  The last round also consists of vintage imagery, this time from an art book dated the end of the 19th Century.

I then coloured in the rounds with yellow and violet markers and added turquoise to the background. I also doodled on the violet ring. There was a lot of rubbing out and spreading the marker with my fingers till I was happy with the result. The turquoise background with lightened with a baby wipe.
There needed to be more texture on the pages so I grabby some of my artfoamies, one (the rings) designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, and the other one by Nathalie Kalbach (I used gold paint with this one). I also stencilled on some small circles using sequin waste.
Finally outlining was done with black and white markers as well as a luminescent pink one. Pink paint was splattered over the pages. The words (by Tracey Gold) were added using a Tiny Alphabet sticker set from Making Memories.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

brilliant use of the theme Frieda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails