Sunday 1 October 2017

Mellow Fruitfulness

Changing Seasons was the prompt this week for Joggles Art Journal Adventures. It was very appropriate as we have had some beautiful autumn days filled with sunshine and golden leaves. They were too good to spend indoors and dog walking and photography was how I filled those days as you can see from the past few blog posts. Sadly the weather has now taken a turn for the worse with rain and wind, but I enjoy even those days (although the dog does not!).  There was plenty of inspiration for the prompt and I used as my focal points two photographs of autumnal leaves and trees.
For the background I brayered on autumn colours and then added stencilling with S090 Leaves 6 Stencil from Stencilgirl Products. I also added more leaves by rubber stamping with a give-away stamp that came with a magazine many moons ago. After gluing on the main images I added more stencilling with Gold Embossing Paste through stencil S277 Pressed Leaves stencil.  I then glued on the autumn part of the calendar (from The Simple Things magazine) and sprayed the pages with a gold mica spray. Finally I outlined with black and white markers as shown.
 The title was stamped onto vintage paper with a mix of alphabet stamp sets. It comes from John Keats's poem To Autumn (1820).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails