Saturday 11 November 2017

Free as a Bird

This week's prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: Birds. The first thing to do in my A5 sized journal was to make the background with sky and forest related colours using the large stencil from Stencilgirl's October Club set. Once I was happy with how it looked I added the branches and leaves using the medium stencil from the same set.
Then it was time to add the birds. By this time I had enjoyed seeing MaryBeth Shaw's latest video on the Stencilgirl Products Facebook site where she demonstrated how to use washi tape collage to fill up shapes. I remembered I had some Stencilgirl Bits (as in the bits that are left over when cutting stencils) in the shape of birds so I used her methods to produce the birds on this spread. And what fun it was to put my collection of washi tapes to good use. This is a very versatile technique and I can't wait to use it some more. My birds turned out even better than I expected. They were adhered to the background with gloss gel medium.
 The birds were outlined with a black Stabilo All pencil and the leaves with a sparkly copper gel pen.
 The text was added with a Dymo writer.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

I LOVE this spread Frieda!! And I'm going to check out MB Shaw's technique-I've got LOTS of washi tapes :):)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails