Sunday 19 November 2017

Stop Clowning Around

Our mission this week for Joggles Art Journal Adventures was to do something with the prompt: Clowns. My heart sank just a bit as I read the words because it's very far from a favourite subject and I also knew that in the process of destashing I had recently got rid of quite a lot of my collage materials (still plenty left, don't worry!). I knew getting rid of so much stuff would mean I would eventually come up against missing something, I just hadn't thought it would have happened within a week!

Among that missing lot were some sheets from Alphastamps featuring clowns. But hurray I still had one sheet and put that to good use on the right-hand page, cobbling together various elements (sadly no arms!). That still left a gap on the left but while sorting through my fabric I had unearthed one with a circus related theme. Had you asked me if I had such a fabric in my possession I would have fervently denied it but there it was. No idea where it came from.

I ironed Bondaweb to the back of the 3 clown faces, cut them out and ironed them onto the page. This is something that has to be done carefully as the acrylic paint on the background is not that happy with lots of heat. I used a medium heat setting on the iron and a baking sheet and augmented that with a glue stick for the bits that hadn't adhered too well.
The background was done with a wide variety of paint colours and the S451 Woven Small stencil from Stencilgirl Products. The white circles come from the same stencil. The circus figures were outlined with a black Stabilo All pencil. To make the circles stand out even more they were marked with water soluble oil pastels.
 Vintage text was added and the title was done on a Dymy writer with self-adhesive transparent tape.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

You make the best colorful mixed media collages! I have learned a lot from you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails