Sunday 31 December 2017

New Beginnings

 Just in time on the last day of 2017 here is my contribution for the final prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures. The theme was: Endings... and new beginnings. I let myself be inspired by the quotation by LaoTzu: "New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings".  
The background was painted and dribbled using acrylics and I added stencilling in black and white paint using the L579 ATC Mixup #2 stencil designed by MaryBeth Shaw, the owner of Stencilgirl Products. The images of the church windows were added by spray painting ( using gold spray by Liquitex) and the L083 Church Windows stencil.
I outlined the windows using the stencil and a permanent black marker. The only other addition was the postage stamp. The quotation was done on a Dymo writer on transparent tape.
I managed to finish each week's prompt this year on Joggles Art Journal Adventures which is a satisfying thought. No idea if this weekly challenge is going to continue in 2018 and if it does, if I am going to  continue. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. In the meantime I do have some ideas about other projects but no firm decisions or resolutions have been made.

That's how it usually goes. I wait till something grabs my attention and makes me feel excited and that's what I start doing. And somehow I keep doing it until the year is over. Or not!

I wish you all joyful new beginnings in 2018

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails