Saturday 2 December 2017

Splash

 Our prompt this week on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: Splash. So that is what I did. Due to the cold weather every colour layer took at least a day to dry so making this spread in an A5 journal took all week.
I used a combination of Liquitex acrylic ink and Bombay ink to splash around with, and started the pages with a layer of gesso. After dropping the ink on the pages, I briefly closed them together and then opened them again and let each layer dry. One of the inks has mica in it, hence the sparkle.
I love these two abstract pictures showing details of the pages, but to stay with the theme I added the following hand written quotation: "Sometimes that which we fear strengthens our spirit and gives us a splash of hope" (Harley King)
Compared to some of my spreads this one is very simple and I just let serendipity takes it's course. I like what I ended up with.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Love how this turned out -you have a lot of patience to wait while layers dried - I would have been hitting it with my blow dryer lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails