Wednesday 27 December 2017

The Windmills of Your Mind

Just like that I have reached my last appearance as Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products this year. However I will be back bright and early in January as they have asked me to return and make a monthly project each month in 2018. Many thanks to them for inviting me and featuring my art. It is an honour as well as a challenge and a pleasure.

As always there is a step by step tutorial  on Stencilgirl Talk for these pages which were loosely inspired by Xmas ornaments but also by my enduring love for circles. I surrounded mine with song lyrics but you could also journal about the end of one year and the beginning of another. These are ornaments for your art journal! I used a 8 x 10" gelli plate by GelliArts  with the Stencilgirl stencils to make the collage elements that together form the various rings of the circles.

Just a quick thought as I'm writing this. You could easily use the same method to make actual ornaments to hang in the tree. If you start now you will be ready for Xmas next year!! Oh, if only I would take my own advice occasionally.



I was right about the ice situation today. It has been the coldest night so far this winter and in fact our outside thermometer was so frozen that we couldn't read the temperature. It was great that we had cleared paths through the snow yesterday. It made things so much easier today but although we could get out of our drive with the car the lane itself is like a sheet of ice so we will cosy up at home today.

Apart from the dog walks, of course, and what a joy it was to set out this morning with Flora accompanied by sun and snow. I couldn't help myself and just had to take some more pictures. Here they are:

the tree at the top of the forest

Notice the Pentland Hills in the distance


coming out of the forest through the tunnel (drainage ditch)

Some pictures from this afternoon’s walk;

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails