Saturday 23 December 2017

Trees

The prompt this week on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: Trees. Something to do with that apparition at this time of year of an evergreen overcome with decorations, I guess!  But in my case I used as my inspiration the forest I walk in every day and have done for more than 22 years.
I had made the spread (in an A5 sized) journal) already but I took the above picture this morning as this is the exact spot that inspired me. There are towering evergreens behind and in front much smaller deciduous trees covered in lichen.
The spread started with gessoing the pages and then using a variety of green acrylic paints and the L433 Clustered Leaves stencil by Stencilgirl Products. Once I was happy with how it looked I added the large grey trees in the background with the large stencil from the September 2017 Stencilgirl Club.
The final trees in the foreground came from the S329 Trio of Trees stencil and were added using a palette knife and gold embossing past from Wendy Vecchi.
At the bottom of the pages I hand wrote the following quotation: "Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heavens". (Rabindranath Tagore). I added 2 small and 1 large circle from previously painted paper as the trees' only decorations and to represent the moon.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh clever - what a wonderful interpretation....

Linda Kunsman said...

this is so beautiful. There's something magical and special about a connection to trees.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails