Sunday 28 January 2018

Out of the Ordinary

The prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was to use the letter O. The saying Out of the Ordinary came to mind immediately specially as it has 3 Os! The page was started with lots of layers of stencilling using two of the newest Stencilgirl stencils designed by Traci Bautista: L609 Soulful Scribbles Unfold and L604 Spring Bloom Collage Mask 3.
Once I was happy with how that looked, I added collage with some pre-cut paper flowers as well as tissue wrap by Tim Holtz. Then I stencilled on the focal points with black paint and another stencil designed by Traci for Stencilgirl Products: S296 Deconstructed Double Zinnia Mask and Stencil.
Some outlining was done with white and black markers and then I stamped on the text using one of my favourite alphabet stamp sets. Sadly there is no info on the box as to who produced it. The size of the letters works very well in this A5 sized journal. The letters (stamped with permanent black ink pad) were also outlined with a white marker.
 I let some white ink drip down the pages and then edged them with a blue permanent ink pad.

1 comment:

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love the bright colourful background with the black and white zinnias stencilled as the focals. I also love that you have outlined them with the opposite colours...so unique and full of lovely contrast. Beautiful energy in the bright parts and wonderful places to rest in the black and white parts. Great design!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails