Thursday 18 January 2018

Sun and snow

BloggerImage

BloggerImage
The walk proceeded peacefully till we were on our way back when Flora suddenly disappeared into the trees and didn't come back. We waited for a while but she didn't return so we dived into the trees ourselves to look for her. And there the little madam was, chewing on what we discovered was a deer's foot (I didn't have a close look! But so my expert assured me). 

In the end I went into the forest a bit further away and stalked her from that direction, and managed to grab her by her coat and we finally persuaded her to give it up. Then the question arose; what to do with it. The fire pond came to mind but of course it was frozen. So it had to be carried back home (not by me!) and dumped into the garbage bin. I was less severe with her than I should have been because I was so relieved to find her. 
BloggerImage
The afternoon walk took us to a snowy Penicuik Estate (see pics below)
BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails