Tuesday 16 January 2018

Winter has returned with a vengeance

We woke up to a huge blanket of snow and I couldn't wait to enter this snowy fairytale forest for the dog walk. Flora seems to really love the snow despite the fact that it reached higher than her legs where the snow had been drifting. In other places there were only a few inches. She soon caught on to the fact that walking in my footsteps was a great option. In fact there were places where the snow reached higher than my boots too. But we managed to make it to the top of the forest where I took the above panoramic picture with my phone.

It looked like we were the only living creatures present till a deer crossed our path, gently padding across and disappearing into the trees. A truly magic moment (needless to say not caught on camera, but it will remain with me). Enjoy the walk with us in the pictures below.









1 comment:

mycamerandme365 said...

How very beautiful, I can't imagine how cold it must be though!
We are expecting high temperatures over the next couple of days, over 40°C, so your pictures might help to cool me down.
Sue (Melbourne)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails