Monday 12 March 2018

Silent Sea

The letter S is what we were told to use on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week and as you can see I went with the sea. I had a great quotation by Samuel Taylor Coleridge's The Ancient Mariner that reads: "The fair breeze blew, the white foam flew, the furrow followed free; we were the first that ever burst into that silent sea". 
The background was made entirely by using the S480 Symmetrical Waves stencil from Stencilgirl Products, and midway through I added more texture by tearing up strips from previously made gelli plate printed papers and glueing them on. I then added some more stencilling with the same stencil.
The ships came from a vintage book on seamanship and I also found a great postage stamp to add to the page, which is part of the 9 x 9" Bee Paper Mixed Media journal.
Mica spray paint was also added although it is hard to tell. In the background above you can also see the wave marks I made when I gessoed the page at the beginning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails