Friday 2 March 2018

Starry, starry night

Having grown up in the Netherlands, Van Gogh was always around on posters, biscuit tins and postcards. It also provided me with the opportunity to see many of his works in person. There now is the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam but if you want to see more of his work it's worth paying a vist to the Kroller Muller Museum located in the heart of a Nature Reserve in the Veluwe near Arnhem. Few musea have such a beautiful setting and their collection of modern painting and sculpture is world class.

BloggerImage
However I had never set eyes on the A Starry Night painting till I found myself in the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York two years ago. It was a very special moment, and together with the Starry, Starry Night song by Don McLean it inspired this 9 x 12" art journal page that I made in my capacity as monthly Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products.
 That means you can find a step-by-step tutorial on how to make it on the Stencilgirl Talk site
It's rather ironic that I'm writing this from a completely snowed in cottage in the Scottish Borders but just looking at it has a warming effect! All Vincent's work done in France has that same effect on me. It's happy and heart warming. So sad that even being able to make such beauty could not save him in the end.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

A beautiful page holding the special memory of not only your visit to New York but to see the Van Gogh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails