Thursday 26 April 2018

Art Cards 107 - 115

Here is the latest batch of nine artcards. They are part of my #365somethings2018 project on Instagram where I hope to end up with 365 cards, one for each day of 2018. If you want to see them appear individually each day you can find them all on my Instagram feed.

Most of these cards were also part of the project I did as monthly Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products. You can therefore find a step-by-step tutorial for these on the Stencilgirl Talk website.
The above card (no. 111) has attracted quite a bit of attention on Instagram due to the use of the word Cholera. I found it in an 18th Century Apothecary's Notebook that I picked up very cheaply during a book sale. It was already falling apart so I didn't feel bad about using it for collage. I love the hand writing! The book is also a reminder that cholera was (and in some places still is) a very serious disease and many remedies were tried over the centuries to find a cure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails