Monday 22 October 2018

The Stencilfied Journal Prompt 21

Prompt 21 for #thestencilfiedjournal asked us to used numbers 1, 2, 3.... and for some reason I immediately thought of the battle cry of The Prisoner: " I am not a number, I am a free man" (or woman, of course!). The Prisoner was a tv series way back when in the 60s and yes, I remember watching it then. And I wouldn't mind watching it all over again. It seems as pertinent for the world today as it was originally. So I embraced this opportunity to put the quotation in my art journal (sized 9 x 14cm).
The background was done using the medium stencil from the December 2017 Stencilgirl®Club as well as stencil L471 Hamburg stencil designed by Nathalie Kalbach for Stencilgirl  Products®. To this mix I added rubber stamping with both a circular stamp and a stamp featuring numbers both from PaperArtsy, designed by Everything Art, as well as collage with tissuewrap (Tim Holtz) with numbers on it.
The large black words were stencilled on using Stencilgirl®'s L748 I Get to Choose stencil. Then I glued on the postage stamps with the numbers 1, 2 and 3. The final addition was the quotation that was stamped onto vintage paper using a variety of alphabet stamps.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails