Tuesday 6 November 2018

The Stencilfied Journal Prompt 23

We're almost coming to the end of #thestencilfiedjournal project. After this post there is just one more prompt to go. This was a joint undertaking by Tina Walker and Stencilgirl  Products®. Tina also made the Prompt tags.
For my non-traditional medium to stencil with I selected Distress Crackle Paint in the Brushed Pewter colour. Really pleased with the effect and will definitely keep it in mind for future use.
For the rest the page is covered in elements all coming from just one Stencilgirl® stencil i.e. L600 Mosaic Flowers. There are so many wonderful patterns on this stencil and that makes it very versatile. I also added a lot of acrylic ink for good measure and like the way it interacts with the crackle paint.
The text comes from a vintage book that teaches students how to touch type (oh my word, I passed the exam myself in the far and distant past!) while at the same time issuing "the girls" (they always were) with moral encouragement. The book dates from the early 1930s so at least it's well before I took my test.  Great to know those days won't come again although will grudgingly admit I did enjoy my typing classes and as a result am a veritable wizard on a computer keyboard. The book  called 20th Century Typewriting is a treasure trove of text for art journalling and for my art cards.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails