Monday 18 February 2019

Collage 8

Another week has passed and this is collage 8 in my series of 52 collages in an 5 x 8" Moleskine journal, made as part of my #52collages2019 project.

I never plan these collages out but instead start by making a background. Sometimes this is one image and at other times such as this one the background consists of various different images, all obtained from magazines and the like.

Then I start tearing out a wide variety of imagery that catch my eye as I leaf through magazines. I also find things in newspapers, my stash of vintage postcards and catalogues. The text is usually the last item that gets added.

For this collage I used a vintage postcard featuring a house in Barcelona, a Chinese postage stamp, a detail from Grant Wood's painting American Gothic and washi tape with text. It's hard to say when I stop but the best way to explain it is to say it's done when the entire page looks like it was always meant to be. .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails